I was sitting at my favourite table in cafe eat, B.E.L road, the table was outside the main air conditioned place. It was specially arranged for smokers, I seldom came here with my friends, it was my thinking place, the place I just leave my mind to wander, just set it free and let it be. With no pressure, no things to do, no deadlines it was very relaxing. It had huge trees lining one of its walls on the other was a community park.
It was a stormy evening with strong winds; the place was filled with emptiness.
I ordered a mojito, lightened one of the four Kings I bought from the neighbouring pan-wala.
I sucked in two of the cigrattes before the mojito arrived and regretted to have been fast, for, I knew that I enjoyed the smoke better with mojito. The place was calm and the wind was soothing. Pinak the sikkimese waiter tried to strike a conversation, my half hearted smile conveyed the message. And he left.
I thought of how life would be without emotions, so much simpler, so much subtle, without complications, just like a still pond, without any motion, just like you lay there on the grass staring at the stars.....emotions, however small they are create a continuing effect, just like when a person throws a stone, a very small stone into the still pond it creates ripples, ripples which create a pattern which disturbs the entire still pond and then, on the contrary, if there were no emotions how boring life would be, no one to fight no one to laugh with....so basically no drama in life. Boring I thought and took a deep smoke, the smoke which creates a buzz in the head, the smoke which just relaxes you, the smoke which makes you feel you are few inches above the ground, yes that smoke I was talking about.
With no more mojito, ordered for one more, just as the sikkimese helper went came in a dusky girl with high cheek bones, her hair was up to her waist and it was curly, I thought if her hair were to be straight it would have almost come till her knees. As she stepped in she started tying her hair into a bun exposing her bare neck, neck always turned me on. Her neck was naked without any ornament unlike her ears from which hung a pair of heart shaped ear rings. she had a golden nose rings, it was shinning on her dusky skin, just like a ploughed field in fertile rural India which is quite contrasting to the lush green grass bordering the field, she had an earthy feeling to her, I wondered if she smelled like earth after a rain. Her hands were long so were her fingers and legs. She caught me staring at her, I still kept staring at her, and then looked down at the menu ordered a long island iced tea. she removed her heels rested her feet on a chair and started moving her toes just like we do when we put them in a bucket a warm water, nice it was seeing her do that. she then removed the cigarette and held it between her lips like a mother holds her baby for the first time, her lips were pink but slightly darker than normal, maybe it was the cigarettes, the chairs in which we were sitting were made of stainless steel, she took in some smoke and exhaled it, the smoke was in a care free pattern, and that one smoke relaxed her, maybe she longed for that shot of nicotine for a very long time, it was nice to watch her smoke, just like you admire a piece of art, she was wearing a skirt, a green one. Her bare feet touching the stainless steel or may be because it was a woman's bare feet touching metal............................she fell down, I thought she fainted but she was shot and she was bleeding and not breathing.
5 comments:
nice one...real sweet,but could use a little bit of edititng.. :)
jus a thought...
oh thanks rahul, but I wanted it to be that way..it doesn't have any story...I wanted to have more of description.
When a renowned filmmaker from the west (I can't remember his name though) met Akira Kurosawa, the Japanese filmmaker (made classics like 'Rashomon' & 'Ran'), he didn't know what to say, and hence blurted out, "you really like rain..." in connection to the freqent use of 'rain' in Kurosawa's films..!!! To this Kurosawa said, "I see you've really been watching my films lately..."
TO YOU I SAY, "you really like smoke..." :P
ha ha
I'm just loving you
I'm not really good at writting these kind of stories....
these 'type' describe more about the mental state and they don't have any plot...
it is not easy to write such stories especially for a person like me...
but i will try my level best....look out for more of these in march I'm dangerously free
cute one
Post a Comment